Many lives have been touched by breast cancer. Whether it’s a dear friend, a relative or yourself, many of us are “aware” of the threat it causes 365 days a year. But in October, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we all come together to show our support for those affected, to show that we care, and to unite together to fight it.
In the coming weeks, you’ll begin hearing about the local events, such as walks or runs, which benefit and raise awareness about breast cancer. Participation in any of these events will help cancer research and awareness organizations greatly. Awareness is the most significant factor in finding and treating any kind of cancer.
We are proud to say that Amsterdam Printing supports Breast Cancer Awareness! Simply look through our breast cancer awareness merchandise and you’ll see that we encourage you to get involved in any way possible! Here are some ideas:
- Have a ‘pink day’ – a day at work/school where everyone is encouraged to wear pink
- Get involved in local fundraisers or create your own (have a bake sale, flower sale or car wash)
- Tell the stories of survivors with books, pamphlets, t-shirts & more
- Participate in a walk or run (many walks are stroller-friendly)
- Become a program leader for NBCAM
- Establish a program at work to encourage prevention (self-examination), awareness, and support
Some additional resources about Breast Cancer: