We have had strong interest in this resource from its original publication a couple of years ago, so here is the full version.
- Types of Essays: Several types of essays with samples written by students.
- Getting Started on Essays: Nine steps to beginning an essay.
- Organization: Lists and describes the principles of organization.
Developing & Ordering Paragraphs
- Paragraph Function: A list of defined terms to assist in writing a clear and specific paragraph.
- Paragraph Transitions: Details how to transition paragraphs.
- Basic Paragraph Structure: This concentrates on five aspects of a paragraph structure.
Writing Clear Sentences
- Compound Sentences: States four characteristics of compound sentences.
- Complex Sentences: Examples of finite and non-infinite clauses.
- Subject and Verb Agreement: 10 examples for creating subject and verb agreement.
- Passive Voice: An in-depth description of the passive voice.
Choosing and Using Words
- Word Use: Three useful tips for choosing the right word.
- Power Thesaurus: Easy-to-follow Crowd-sourced Online Thesaurus.
- Spelling Rules: Eight important rules for spelling words correctly.
- Common Errors in Grammar: Describes what types of words to avoid and how you can properly replace them.
Acknowledging Your Resources
- Acknowledging Sources: A writer’s guidebook on quoting and paraphrasing.
- Plagiarism: How to recognize and avoid plagiarism.
- Bibliography: Guideline to preparing annotated bibliographies.
- Citation Guide: Chicago Manual of Style
Literary & Rhetoric Terms
- Literary Vocabulary: A to Z definition of literary terms.
- Glossary of Literary Terms: Dictionary of literary vocabulary.