In the world of desktop publishing, access to the latest techniques is essential. Desktop publishing businesses also need to have reliable sources for fonts, typographic services and clip art. Here is a collection of resources no desktop publishing professional should be without.
Tips And Resources
- Computer Arts: The tutorials section for one of the world’s largest design and desktop publishing magazines.
- Lynda.com Training: One of the leading providers of online desktop publishing tutorials and training courses.
- CreativePro: Website for creative professionals with a large tutorial section on print design and layout.
- VTC: Provider of comprehensive creative software training, with free video lessons available on their site
- Layers Magazine: Website of the graphics and design magazine, with wide selection of tutorials for Adobe InDesign.
- Design Talkboard: A design website featuring tutorials, listings, reviews, and other resources for desktop publishing.
- Guide to Desktop Publishing: Tutorial on layout and design elements of desktop publishing.
- Before & After: Graphic design magazine with tutorials and tips on style and layout.
- Graphic Design & Publishing Center: News, reviews and tips for the world of design, layout and publishing.
- Peachpit Press: A leading publisher of training materials for creative professionals, with large article and tutorial sections.
- Adobe Fonts: One of world’s largest suppliers of fonts and typefaces.
- Fontshop: Provides a search engine to find fonts from major vendors and independents.
- P22 Online: Font foundry which creates fonts inspired by Art, History and Science.
- Linotype: A leading online portal for fonts and type.
- Emigre: Font foundry with a Modernist slant.
- Typotheque: Font foundry that also provides a typography consultation service.
- Dreamstime: A searchable database of stock images and illustrations.
- Getty Images: Royalty-free and rights-managed images available to download or order on CD.
- Can Stock Photo: Over two million stock images available to buy individually.
- Graphics Factory: A download site with over one million clip art images available for commercial use.
- Clipart.com: One of the biggest subscription clip art websites, with a catalog of over 10 million images.
- Fotosearch: Royalty-free stock photography, clip-art, and illustrations.