As a small community bank, credit union, or financial services organization, competing with large national enterprises can seem like an uphill battle. Fortunately, you have an advantage the big players try hard to replicate: the personal attention you give to your clients. And there’s no better reminder of that personal relationship than a promotional gift that they’ll use on a regular basis — one that keeps your brand at the top of their minds, and one that others will see and ask about.
In a 2017 consumer survey by the Promotional Products Association International, 80 percent of respondents said they researched the brand after receiving a promotional product, and 80 percent said they are more likely to do business with the brand. The study also revealed that 81 percent of consumers keep promotional products for more than a year, creating thousands of impressions on the receiver and on those in their circles of influence.
So if you haven’t yet added promotional products to your marketing strategy, now is a great time to start, and here are 10 tried-and-true ideas to think about.
For Protecting Cards and Financial Documents
Products related to banking and financial records create an instant association between your brand and a reliable, trustworthy financial service.
- ATM Card Holder/Register: Help your clients keep track of their ATM cards and maintain a record of all their activity in a handy sleeve featuring a large imprint area for your name and logo.
- RFID Blocking Card Sleeve: Identity theft is on the rise, and credit cards that include radio frequency identification (RFID) chips are vulnerable to attack by sophisticated hackers. Show clients that you care about their security with a promotional card sleeve made of special material that includes a metal alloy to protect their data.
- Document Folders: Give your clients a durable, easy-to-find place to keep their bank records, loan paperwork, legal documents, and other important papers, featuring a handy slot to keep your business card at their fingertips.
For the Home
Think about the products you use around the house every day. Now imagine some of those products as opportunities to place your name and logo in front of current and prospective clients on a daily basis. For example …
- Business Card Fridge Magnets: The average family opens and closes the refrigerator door dozens of times every day. By creating a magnet featuring your business card, you can turn every “fridge run” into a reminder that you’re there to protect your clients’ financial futures.
- Coffee Mugs: Everybody loves a good coffee cup, and with dozens of colors and styles available — from standard ceramics to chic latte mugs with spoon holders — you can create a unique gift that associates your brand with your clients’ favorite hot beverages.
- Jar Openers: Yes, something as simple as a jar-grip opener can become a gift clients will keep and use for years to come, creating thousands of impressions for your brand. And they’re so affordable and compact, they make great giveaways for large community events.
- Letter Openers: No matter how digitized our lives become, the daily mail delivery is here to stay. When you put your name and logo on a handy letter opener, you give clients a convenient tool they’ll use every day … and one that will save them more than a few paper cuts.
For the Car
Every year, the average American spends more than 200 hours in the car. By giving current and prospective clients promotional gifts that make their drive safer and more convenient, you turn daily commutes and road trips into impactful brand-building opportunities.
- USB Car Charger: Help clients keep phones, tablets, and other electronics fully charged while they’re on the go.
- Ice Scraper: Sturdy scrapers with extra-large imprint areas give your brand maximum exposure while helping clients clear their view on frosty winter mornings.
- Tire Gauge Keychain: For commuters, busy moms, and road warriors, checking tire pressure on a regular basis helps ensure good mileage and safe driving. By giving them a tire gauge keychain featuring your name and logo, you put the tool they need at their fingertips, whenever they need it.
Not only do promotional items make a lasting impact, but they’re also cost-effective, delivering a lower cost-per-impression than print, radio, TV, and Internet advertising. And unlike mass marketing tactics, promos add a personal touch that tells clients you know and care about them, emphasizing the one-to-one relationships that set your company apart.